Early Childhood Research
Review the following links to learn more about the importance of early childhood development and education.
- Abecedarian Project - click here to review
- The Economic Impact of Investments in Early Care and Education in North Carolina Report: www.SmartStart.org/2011econimpact.
- Child Care Subsidy Study Final Report to the Community. To review, click here.
- Duke Research Shows Smart Start Increases Third Grade Test Scores, Reduces Need for Special Education. Click here: Download the Duke Smart Start Study Press Release. Download the Duke Power Point.
- More at Four Prekindergarten Program Evaluation by UNC
- The Costs of Disinvestment: Why States Can't Afford to Cut Smart Early Childhood Programs. To review, click here.
- The Quality of School-Age Child Care in After-School Settings (June 2007)
- Measuring Quality in Family, Friend, and Neighbor Child Care: Conceptual and Practical Issues (April 2007)
- Infant and Toddler Child Care Quality (August 2005)
- The World Bank: Benefits of Early Childhood Development
- Quality Preschool Leads to School Success (June 2005)
North Carolina Partnership for Children (NCPC)
National Institute for Early Education Research
Journal of Early Childhood Research
Frameworks Institude: Talking About Early Childhood Development
NAEYC: Early Childhood Research Quarterly