Early Childhood Research
Review the following links to learn more about the importance of early childhood development and education.
- Abecedarian Project - click here to review
- The Economic Impact of Investments in Early Care and Education in North Carolina Report: www.SmartStart.org/2011econimpact.
- Child Care Subsidy Study Final Report to the Community. To review, click here.
- Duke Research Shows Smart Start Increases Third Grade Test Scores, Reduces Need for Special Education. Click here: Download the Duke Smart Start Study Press Release. Download the Duke Power Point.
- More at Four Prekindergarten Program Evaluation by UNC
- The Costs of Disinvestment: Why States Can't Afford to Cut Smart Early Childhood Programs. To review, click here.
- The Quality of School-Age Child Care in After-School Settings (June 2007)
- Measuring Quality in Family, Friend, and Neighbor Child Care: Conceptual and Practical Issues (April 2007)
- Infant and Toddler Child Care Quality (August 2005)
- The World Bank: Benefits of Early Childhood Development
- Quality Preschool Leads to School Success (June 2005)
North Carolina Partnership for Children (NCPC)
North Carolina Early Childhood Foundation (NCECF)
National Institute for Early Education Research
Journal of Early Childhood Research
Frameworks Institude: Talking About Early Childhood Development
NAEYC: Early Childhood Research Quarterly