Be an Advocate
One of the best ways you can support the needs of children is by advocating on their behalf. Advocacy is building support for an issue among audiences such as the general public, elected officials, the media and key opinion leaders. Being an advocate for children and their families is an important task that Wake County SmartStart takes very seriously. Please join us!
First, find your legislator. Then, contact him/her regarding an issue that you care about. Below are suggestions for communication:
- Become an e-advocate: Sign-up to receive our e-Alerts from Wake Cares 4 Kids and visit our Facebook page
- Write letters and e-mails to your legislators
- Send postcards or artwork from children to illustrate your support of early childhood education
- Attend our Tuesdays for Tots events during the spring legislative session
- Make phone calls to legislators